WORK AT VAVA VIRTUAL ASSISTANTSSOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Please be aware of remote job scams while applying on careers platforms! VaVa will only contact you from email addresses reflecting our domain name and not request any reimbursement or funds from you.
Please be very careful providing your personal information to anyone other than us.
Social Media Manager – CONTRACT/REMOTE
VaVa Virtual Assistants is a remote company based out of Atlanta, Georgia. We help growing businesses by connecting them with one of our skilled virtual professionals for projects ranging from digital marketing to administrative assistance. While our team is remote, we enjoy getting to know each other over virtual happy hours and growing through educational opportunities together.
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager. In this role, you’ll work with our Clients to serve as both an Account Manager and Social Media Manager. You’ll make sure that everything is as productive as possible and that Clients are satisfied with their services.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be self-motivated and self-disciplined. We expect hard workers who can demonstrate expertise and gratitude by serving as trusted advisors to our Clients. You’ll also need to demonstrate responsiveness and professionalism as well as being detail-oriented, organized, technology savvy, an effective communicator, results-oriented, and resourceful.
Along with working with our Clients, you’ll also be connected to an excellent team of contractors at VaVa Virtual. You’ll be included in weekly and bi-weekly calls with Clients and serve as an example of the company’s mission. We see ourselves as relational, humble, resourceful, intellectual, dedicated, and intuitive people and hope for the same from anyone we work with.
Social Media Management experience and an understanding of working with Clients will help you thrive in this role. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for design to create professional graphics and social media support services for VaVa Virtual Assistants and its Clients.
Represent VaVa Virtual Assistants in a positive and professional manner.
- Collaborate with VaVa Core Team members and other contractors while maintaining a positive and professional attitude; fostering teamwork.
- Meet VaVa Virtual and Client expectations at all times and during all projects.
Client Satisfaction Ownership
- Take ownership to make sure each Client is satisfied and has their needs met and tasks completed.
- Cast vision for what the Client / Social Media Manager relationship could be long-term (additional responsibilities the SMM could take, additional projects the SMM could serve on, assessing the current scope and future opportunities for growth).
- Awareness of engagement hours in the weekly report and suitability based on workload and responsibility. Awareness of opportunity or need to adjust contract size.
- Administrate and implement assigned tasks from Clients in your virtual environment, utilizing your skills and embracing your resourceful skill set while potentially collaborating with other VaVa contractors or Core Team members to complete them.
- Discrepancies reviewed as needed. Escalations or discrepancies reported to the Project Manager.
- Provide insight into and recommendations for changes in the internal SMM and Client satisfaction process as the business grows and needs change.
Demonstrated Experience In
- Developing, implementing, and managing social media strategy for Clients.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (eg – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok, etc).
- Ability to define audiences, the buyer persona approach, grow brand awareness, and increase impressions.
- Defining, measuring, and reporting relevant social media KPIs.
- Managing and creating social media content and graphics.
- Measuring and reporting the success of social media campaigns.
- Remaining up-to-date with social media best practices and new technologies.
- Utilizing social media management tools (eg – Buffer, Hootsuite, Tailwind, SocialPilot, etc).
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator and able to utilize web resources to create basic but professional-looking graphics or design elements.
- Monitoring and improving SEO, website traffic metrics, and user engagement.
- Suggesting social media strategy and content optimization.
- Problem-solving and making last-minute adjustments as needed based on Client preferences.
- Providing consistent, grammatically correct, and timely communication to the Client.
- Successfully managing projects using technology.
- Successfully working with others to complete tasks.
- Working with confidence in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborating and presenting effectively with a variety of individuals.
- Managing competing priorities.
- Communicating to the Account Success Manager when needed.
- Using stellar grammar and organization in emails, documents, posts, captions, etc. (all written communication).
- Learning Client’s preferences and providing them with work catered to their preferences.
- Must reside in the United States.
- At least 3 years of experience serving as a Social Media Manager (SMM or similar role should be reflected on your resume).
- Ideal: At least 3 years of experience serving as a Virtual Social Media Manager.
- At least 3 years of experience working full-time in a virtual role.
- Available for at least 30 hours/week to support high-touch/daily Clients and deliverable-based Clients.
- Comfort with your personal skill set and ability to set boundaries.
- Proactive communicator.
- Knowledge of various technologies (social media platforms, scheduling software, project management, CRMs) to make recommendations to Clients.
- Strong experience with technology such as: Social Media platforms and tools, Google Suite, Slack, Project Management Tools (ex: Trello, Asana, ClickUp), and Microsoft Office.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume, and cover letter here. In your cover letter, please address your specific interest in VaVa Virtual Assistants, what you can bring to the company with regards to it being a virtual company, how you will be successful in this virtual role, and include information about previous experience as related to the skills outlined above. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please allow up to two weeks for applications to be reviewed and responded to.