WORK AT VAVA VIRTUAL ASSISTANTSBookkeeper
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Please be aware of remote job scams while applying on career platforms! VaVa Virtual Assistants will only contact you from email addresses reflecting our domain name, not ask you to download anything, and not request any reimbursement or funds from you.
Please be very careful providing your personal information to anyone other than us.
BOOKKEEPER – CONTRACT/REMOTE
VaVa Virtual Assistants is a remote company based out of Atlanta, Georgia. We help growing businesses by connecting them with one of our skilled virtual professionals for projects ranging from digital marketing to administrative assistance. While our team is remote, we enjoy getting to know each other over virtual happy hours and growing through educational opportunities together.
We’re looking for a Bookkeeper. In this role, you’ll work with our Clients to serve as both an Account Manager and a Bookkeeper. You’ll make sure that everything is as productive as possible and that Clients are satisfied with their services.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be self-motivated and self-disciplined. We expect hard workers who can demonstrate expertise and gratitude by serving as trusted advisors to our Clients. You’ll also need to demonstrate responsiveness and professionalism as well as being detail-oriented, organized, technology savvy, an effective communicator, results-oriented, and resourceful.
Along with working with our Clients, you’ll also be connected to an excellent team of contractors at VaVa Virtual. You’ll be included in weekly and bi-weekly calls with Clients and serve as an example of the company’s mission. We see ourselves as relational, humble, resourceful, intellectual, dedicated, and intuitive people and hope for the same from anyone we work with.
Virtual Bookkeeping experience and an understanding of working with Clients will help you thrive in this role.
Represent VaVa Virtual Assistants in a positive and professional manner.
- Collaborate with VaVa Core Team members and other contractors while maintaining a positive and professional attitude; fostering teamwork.
- Meet VaVa Virtual and Client expectations at all times and during all projects.
Client Satisfaction Ownership
- Take ownership to make sure each Client is satisfied and has their needs met and tasks completed.
- Cast vision for what the Client / Bookkeeper relationship could be long term (additional responsibilities the Bookkeeper could take, additional projects the Bookkeeper could serve on, assessing the current scope and future opportunities for growth).
- Awareness of engagement hours in the weekly report and suitability based on workload and responsibility. Awareness of opportunity or need to adjust contract size.
- Administrate and implement assigned tasks from Clients in your virtual environment, utilizing your skills and embracing your resourceful skill set while potentially collaborating with other VaVa contractors or Core Team members to complete them.
- Discrepancies reviewed as needed. Escalations or discrepancies reported to the Project Manager.
- Provide insight into and recommendations for changes in the internal Bookkeeper and Client satisfaction process as the business grows and needs change.
Demonstrated Experience In
- Setting up and/or maintaining Client accounts in the company’s designated bookkeeping software (eg – Quickbooks Online, Xero, Freshbooks, Wave, Zoho Books, etc.)
- Supporting Clients with accounting processes and executing bookkeeping services for varied types of and sizes of businesses.
- Enter transactions and reconcile monthly bank, credit card, and long-term account statements. Assist with month-end Close, to ensure that the company’s financials are accurate and closed in a timely manner.
- Problem-solving and making last-minute adjustments to categorizing based on Client preferences and the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system, and adhere to the chart of accounts and annual budget. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management. Provide insight into and recommendations for the company’s financial processes to streamline systems.
- Calculate, issue, and process invoices for Client customers.
- Communicate with Client customers via email and phone to assist in seamless transactions, providing excellent customer service and ensuring receivables are collected promptly.
- Process monthly accounts payable as needed.
- Record and process company expenses as needed (eg – Ramp, Expensify, Concur, etc).
- Create and issue the company’s financial statements, including balance sheets, accounts payable and accounts receivable reports, profit and loss statements, etc. Note any financial analysis or suggestions for the Client as needed.
- Assemble company financial reports and information for external auditors as needed.
- Comply with any local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Proactively consistent, grammatically correct, and timely communication with Clients about completing all tasks, including reporting, on time or per request.
- Working with confidence in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborating effectively with a variety of individuals.
- Managing competing priorities.
- Creating documents as the Client requests.
- Communicating to the Account Success Manager when needed.
- Using stellar grammar and organization in emails, documents, etc. (all written communication).
- Learning Client’s preferences and providing them with work catered to their preferences.
- Must reside in the United States.
- At least 3 years of experience serving as a Bookkeeper (Bookkeeper) (should be reflected on your resume).
- At least 3 years of experience working full-time in a virtual role.
- An Associate degree in Accounting, or similar, is preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Available for at least 30 hours/week to support high-touch/daily Clients and deliverable-based Clients.
- Comfort with your personal skill set and ability to set boundaries.
- Proactive communicator.
- Knowledge of various technologies (accounting software, scheduling, project management, CRMs) to make recommendations to Clients.
- Experience with financial management; comfortable with managing last-minute changes.
- Experience with high-volume bookkeeping, reconciling, expenses, invoicing, and payment processing.
- Strong experience with technology such as: Google Suite, Calendly, Slack, Project Management Tools (ex: Trello, Asana, ClickUp), and Microsoft Office.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and cover letter here. In your cover letter, please address your specific interest in VaVa Virtual Assistants, what you can bring to the company with regards to it being a virtual company, how you will be successful in this virtual role, and include information about previous experience as related to the skills outlined above. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please allow up to two weeks for applications to be reviewed and responded to.