The focus of this role is to support our clients by accurately maintaining and reconciling day-to-day financial records to include invoices to customers, cash receipts, and invoices to suppliers. The ideal candidate will have experience creating and analyzing financial reports, ensuring legal compliance, processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, as well as managing invoices and tax payments.
The Bookkeeper will be self-motivated and detailed, demonstrating expertise in the accounting space. In addition, they will demonstrate responsiveness, professionalism, be results-oriented, and technologically savvy.
This is a contract, freelance role. VaVa Virtual Assistants is seeking a long-term fit with the ability to advise on best practices and be resourceful. This person will reflect the company’s mission and serve as a member of the virtual team, including attending weekly calls and in-person meetings (if applicable).
Represent VaVa Virtual Assistants in a positive and professional manner.
- Collaborate with and help teammates while maintaining a positive and professional attitude; fostering teamwork.
- Embody the company’s culture at all times and during all projects.
- Set up new client accounts in company’s bookkeeping program
- Calculate and issue invoices to customers on behalf of clients
- Communicate with clients via email and phone to assist in seamless transactions and provide excellent customer service ensuring receivables are collected promptly
- Process monthly automatic charges, as needed
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Enter transactions and reconcile payments in company’s bookkeeping program
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers and the petty cash fund
- Create and issue the company’s financial statements, including balance sheets, accounts payable and accounts receivable reports, profit and loss statements, etc.
- Assemble information for external auditors as needed
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Proactively communicate with clients to complete all tasks, including reporting, on time or per request
- Provide insight into and recommendations for the company’s financial processes to streamline systems
Proficient Skills in:
- Providing consistent and timely communication to clients and the owners
- Using stellar grammar and organization in all written communication
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience.
- Experience with various accounting software such as: Quickbooks, Freshbooks, Concur, Expensify, Xero, and Zoho Books
- Experience with technology: Basecamp, Slack, Microsoft Office Suite, and GSuite.
- Associates degree in Accounting, or similar, is preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- This is a part-time, contracted position and the pay depends on VaVa’s influx of clients, the VA’s skill set matching client needs, and the VA’s expertise.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and cover letter using the link below. In your cover letter, please address your specific interest in VaVa Virtual Assistants, what you can bring to the company with regards to it being a virtual company, how you will be successful in this virtual role, and include information about previous experience as related to the skills outlined above. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please allow up to two weeks for applications to be reviewed and responded to.