VIRTUAL FINANCE ASSISTANT
Type: Part-Time, independent contractor
The focus of the Financial Assistant role is to assist our Leadership Team and Financial Department in daily financial-related business tasks. We are seeking a part-time financial assistant who is self-motivated, demonstrating expertise within the financial industry with the discipline required to work remotely and unsupervised while delivering high quality results and keeping all company financial information confidential at all times. Additionally, they will demonstrate responsiveness and professionalism, be detail-oriented, be organizationally and technologically savvy, communicate effectively and timely, and be results-oriented. Ultimately, this role is to assist with maintaining VaVa’s financial health.
This role also includes serving as a member of the company’s virtual team, including monthly calls and in-person meetings (if applicable) and serving as an example of the company’s mission. Relational, humble, resourceful, dedicated, intellectual and intuitive, with virtual financial assistance experience will thrive in this role.
Represent VaVa Virtual Assistants in a positive and professional manner.
- Embody the company’s culture at all times and during all interactions.
- Collaborate with and assist the Leadership Team and the Financial Department while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Keep all business accounts reconciled at all times
- Enter transactions and reconcile payments in company’s bookkeeping program
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including balance sheets, accounts payable and accounts receivable reports, profit and loss statements, etc.
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Create and execute invoices to new clients when onboarded and to existing clients on a monthly basis
- Communicate with current and past due clients via email and phone to assist in seamless transactions and provide excellent customer service
- Process monthly automatic charges as needed
- Proactively communicate with Leadership Team and Financial Department to complete all tasks, including reporting, on time or per request
- Provide insight into and recommendations for the company’s financial processes to streamline systems
Proficient Skills in:
- Utilizing Xero as a bookkeeping software
- Must be organized and on top of all daily / weekly / monthly tasks
- Must be proactive, reaching out to team members for necessary information when needed
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and able to discuss financial information in layman’s terms
- Strong computer and bookkeeping software skills required
Scope of Work:
- Reconciling accounts and run reports with Xero
- Data entry and reporting
- Invoicing clients and client reports
- Running automatic payments
- Must reside in the United States
- 1-3 years of financial assistance experience
- 1+ years experience work remote/virtual related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience communicating in online communities
- Skilled with Xero, Stripe, PayPal, Bill.com
- Experience with technology in: Google Suite, Basecamp, Slack, Microsoft Suite
- This is an independent contractor position
- This is a remote position to be fulfilled from a professionally equipped home office
- This position pays $15 per hour, paid on a monthly basis.
- 10 hours guaranteed and could be up to 15 hours per month. As the business continues to grow, so will the hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume in the body of your email (no attachments) to email@example.com with subject line FINANCE ASSISTANT POSITION. If you attach your documents, your application will not be accepted. In your cover letter, please address your specific interest in VaVa Virtual Assistants, what you can bring to the company with regards to it being a virtual company, how you will be successful in this virtual role, and include information about previous experience as related to the skills outlined above. Please allow up to two weeks for applications to be reviewed and responded to.