WORK AT VAVA VIRTUAL ASSISTANTSPEOPLE & CULTURE MANAGER
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Please be aware of remote job scams while applying on careers platforms! VaVa will only contact you from email addresses reflecting our domain name and not request any reimbursement or funds from you.
Please be very careful providing your personal information to anyone other than us.
PEOPLE & CULTURE MANAGER
VaVa Virtual Assistants is a boutique virtual assistant agency based in Atlanta, GA with team members working remotely across the country. Our highly skilled assistants provide businesses and executives with administrative support, digital marketing expertise, graphic design, and more. Our team serves to support their endeavors.
We make ideal matches between the skill sets of our independent team members and the needs of our clients. At VaVa Virtual Assistants, we strive for each contractor to feel like the leader of their own small business. While everyone is virtual, we provide a supportive community to build connections and have fun with our team. We are innovators, communication enthusiasts, creatives, and above all, people-people!
The focus of this role is to continuously fill job openings, add candidates to our queue, and spearhead the onboarding and training processes for all assistant and employee roles as needed.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An energetic people person that can make virtual teams feel like a cohesive unit
- A self-motivated dynamic leader
- A creative problem solver
- Highly skilled and able to organize online databases
- Highly detail-oriented with strong standards to uphold
- Have an understanding of what makes a great assistant in the Marketing and Administrative roles
- Highly communicative and responsive with excellent customer engagement skills
- Efficiency focused with a desire to up-level processes
- Adaptable to work with an ever-growing small business
- Deadline, budget and results oriented
- Technologically and systems savvy
This is a full-time, remote position with occasional in-person meetings in the Atlanta, GA area. VaVa Virtual Assistants is seeking a long-term fit with the ability to advise on best practices and be resourceful.
- Identify ahead of time staffing requirements for a replacement or for new positions. Utilize innovative recruiting techniques to identify, head hunt and attract the best talent.
- Write/edit, update, and post accurate and effective job descriptions and postings to attract the best candidates on relevant job listing sites, providing insight to which sites work best and new ones to try.
- Review incoming job submissions and filter through candidates based on company requirements.
- Communicate with viable candidates to provide them with sample projects, scoring projects, setting up their initial and secondary interviews, and to send offer letters to viable candidates.
- Conduct initial video interviews with viable candidates.
- Conducting reference and background checks for each viable candidate.
- Conduct the onboarding and offboarding steps for new team members when they join and for team members when they leave the team.
- Offer expertise and feedback on a quarterly basis for strategies to streamline the hiring process and have successful candidates join the team on a long-term basis.
- Work with the team Managers to pair team members with new clients based on skill set and services needed, re-pairing when needed.
- Lead the company’s program to ensure our culture and values are practiced throughout the organization at all times.
- Work with the Core Team to design and develop programs, communications, events, workshops, etc. for leaders, managers and team members that creatively and authentically reinforce our unique values and culture.
- Provide general HR knowledge and support, ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements and informing the Core Team of any areas of concern or improvement to take action on.
- Maintains historical human resource records; keeping past and current records.
- Prefer the Atlanta, GA (or surrounding) area, but other locations will be considered
- 2+ years of experience in organizational leadership
- 2+ years of talent location and recruiting experience
- 2+ years working in a virtual environment
- HR knowledge a plus
- Experience with technology such as: G-Suite, Asana, Basecamp, Airtable, Slack, Dropbox, Microsoft Suite, Zoom
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
Please use the “Apply Now” button to submit your resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter, please cite your specific interest in VaVa Virtual Assistants, what you can bring to the company in regard to its virtual format, how you will be successful in this role and include information about your experience as it relates to the skills outlined above.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and please allow up to two weeks to receive a response.