WORK AT VAVA VIRTUAL ASSISTANTSWEB DEVELOPER
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Please be aware of remote job scams while applying on careers platforms! VaVa will only contact you from email addresses reflecting our domain name and not request any reimbursement or funds from you.
Please be very careful providing your personal information to anyone other than us.
VaVa Virtual Assistants is a boutique virtual assistant agency based in Atlanta, GA with team members working remotely across the country. Our highly-skilled assistants provide businesses and executives with administrative support, social media marketing expertise, graphic design, and more. Our team serves to support their endeavors.
In this role, you’ll be an independent contractor in charge of managing your own business and client relations. We will use our connections to help source new clients for you to work with and make ideal matches between your skill sets and the needs of our clients. At VaVa Virtual Assistants, we strive for each contractor to feel like the leader of their own small business.
While everyone is virtual, we provide a supportive community to build connections and have fun with our team. We are innovators, communication enthusiasts, creatives, and above all, people-people!
The focus of this role is to lead web development and design efforts for VaVa Virtual Assistants’ clientele for the duration of their engagement. The ideal candidate will be:
- Demonstrate expertise in the marketing space
- Results-oriented, and
- Technologically savvy
The right candidate will have a keen eye for design to create professional graphics on an as-needed basis for VaVa Virtual Assistants and its clients. Additionally, the Web Developer serves as a support team member to our clients and will ensure a satisfactory end product.
This is a contract, freelance role. VaVa Virtual Assistants is seeking a long-term fit with the candidate who will advise on best practices and will serve as a go-to resource.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Develop, implement, and manage new website builds
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling websites
- Provide website maintenance, security, and general support for clients
- Define and measure relevant website KPIs
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Stay up to date with web development best practices and technologies
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Strikingly
- Able to troubleshoot common WordPress issues that may cause site downtime or usability complications
- Working knowledge of CSS to enhance and customize WordPress themes for clients
- Familiar with working with various web hosting platforms (GoDaddy, HostGator, BlueHost, etc.)
- Able to transfer WordPress sites across domains and hosts
- Well-versed with WordPress plugins and utilizing them to fulfill potential functionality requests from clients
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator and able to utilize web resources to create basic but professional-looking graphics or design elements
- Able to utilize design skills to create site layouts that align with the client’s vision
- Working knowledge of SEO as well as optimizing sites for load time
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practices and applying them appropriately based on the objectives of the client
- Experience with E-commerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce
- 2+ years of experience as a Web Developer or similar role
- Demonstrated experience in social media strategy in growing brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent knowledge of website platforms
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Comfortable with audience and buyer persona research
- Solid understanding of website KPIs
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills
- Exhibit leadership qualities including critical thinking and problem-solving
- A team player reflecting strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Experience communicating and working in online communities
- Experience with technology such as: Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Slack, Zoom, and Asana
Please use the “Apply Now” button to submit your resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter, please cite your specific interest in VaVa Virtual Assistants, what you can bring to the company in regard to its virtual format, how you will be successful in this role and include information about your experience as it relates to the skills outlined above.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and please allow up to two weeks to receive a response.